Tuesday, April 9, 2013

OZ


Last week I revisited this drawing....again.  I feel like I’m still learning new things about Corel Painter 12; I’m sure I’ll never learn it all…but I keep trying.
I wanted an overall green hue; however, I did not want to just put a gel layer over top the final art.  Drawing comes easier to me than color most of the time. Anyway, I began to feel like I was over blending and then the line work in my final print felt muted.  I wasn't happy with it, and I didn't want to, yet again, draw over top of the outlines.  Oddly enough, yesterday I was thumbing through some past issues of Corel Painter mags and came across Effects> Focus>Sharpen.  Artist, Helen Chierego, noted that she always finishes up her work with this last step. Go-fig, I think it helped my drawing. 
I’m going to try it with some of my other artwork as well.   

I'm always open to new tips.
Happy Drawing,
Anne