Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Highlights Foundation: Advanced Illustrator Workshop 2012


I promise the sunrays are not photoshop.  :)


This was the most amazing workshop I have ever attended.  Faculty: Floyd Cooper, Eric Rohmann, Kelly Ann Murphy, and Ruth Sanderson with Special Guest: David Weisner, Donna Jo Napoli, and Neal Porter.   The interaction within the group included the faculty, and the hands-on demonstrations truly helped everyone to grow as artists and storytellers.  Each of the presenting artists worked in different real media: watercolor washes, oil washes, mixed media, printmaking, and shared time saving tips that lend well to publishing.  Even though I am currently working digitally, I wasn’t going to deny myself the opportunity to dive back into real media and traditional art techniques.  In fact, several times I was able to reexamine my own digital techniques.      

No comments: